FB conversion pixel

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Some have asked why I have written this book.  Lots of reasons, but one of them is this.  I remember times as a pastor trying to help parishioners who were going through divorce.  Some of the things I tried were probably helpful, but I really had no idea of the devastation and extreme emotional stress they were experiencing until I ended up divorced myself!  After that, I was asked to write a letter to a man I hadn’t met who was struggling with a divorce.  My letter meant a lot to him, he told me later, and I realized how desperately this group of Christians (and not yet Christians, too!) need encouragement and hope.  And I realized that my own situation gave me a unique perspective God could use to help others facing the same tragedy of divorce.  Finding God in the Seasons of Divorce is the outcome of these experiences.  I have already shared several of the devotions with friends in divorce, and received feedback from them of the encouragement they provided.  I am hopeful this devotional book will provide that same encouragement for others in the same situation

No comments:

Post a Comment