FB conversion pixel

Monday, August 6, 2012

Thankful for the rain!


Yes Virginia, there really is rain!

Well, we had skywater fall down the other night!  I have heard from ¾ to 1 ½ inches.  But pulling weeds, there wasn’t enough rain that it went very deep…..soil was pretty dry at root level.  But I wanted to tell you something I came across today.  Was out early, walking the dog (no, no money was found!), and was surprised to discover that, for the first time, as I walked along, I would run into groups, herds, flocks, gaggle…..what do you call a whole bunch of mosquitoes and gnats flying around together?  Anyway, there were several times walking along I would feel myself (it was dark) walk into a bunch of the bothersome insects, and have to shoo them away with my hands.  Which means that, during all this drought time, they have been doing whatever those pests do when there isn’t stagnant water standing to gather round.  So, even in a drought, there was something good there if I had only noticed!  And, with all the relief that we have with the rain, there is also the problem of mosquitoes that wasn’t there before.  (And I will have to mow the lawn sometime soon now, too.  I really don’t remember how many weeks it has been since I last had to mow the entire lawn!)

So the point is simple.  In even the worst of droughts, there are things for which we can be thankful if we don’t just pay attention to the rough things.  And in the best of times, there are still things that aren’t so great.  So no matter what the weather, or the circumstances of life, we always are choosing whether to find something to complain about, or something about which to give thanks.  Which one describes you?

TL:DR  In even the worst of droughts, there are things for which we can be thankful if we do't just pay attention to the rough things

No comments:

Post a Comment